Allergic skin diseases are increasing at an alarming rate among children.
Dr. Peter Schmid-Grendelmeier, Chairman of the 2010 EAACI Skin Allergy Meeting 2010 says: "Allergic skin diseases are increasing at an alarming rate among children due to the indiscriminate use of non-hypoallergenic make-up.
With an increased use of products such as lotions, moisturizers, deodorants and make-up items that often contain allergens like fragrances or preservatives, the frequency of contact dermatitis among children have doubled in recent years".
You expose yourself for between 50 and 100 different chemicals every day.
The fact is that you expose yourself for between 50 and 100 different chemicals every day before you even leave the bathroom in the morning. Soaps, hair-shampoos, body lotions, make-up, perfumes, teeth cream and more, no matter how exclusive, expensive or well known the brands are, they all contain chemicals, unless they are certified organic. With the words of Dr. Peter Schmid-Grendelmeier clear in our mind, it should be an easy choice to switch to organic top skin care products. What do you have to lose?
Our skin absorbs anything you put on it.
Time and time again Studies have proven that nothing you apply on your skin stays on the surface unless you immediately rinse it off. Within 10-15 minutes a product will be completely absorbed; it's inside your body and you can't wash it off anymore. Maybe time has come to go over all your skin care products and replace them with pure organic top skin care products.
What chemicals do you find in non-organic beauty products? These are some of the most usual:
• Products in the propyl paraben family of preservatives. They have been implicated in a multitude of serious health problems.
• Mineral oil and Vaseline. They are acne-producing, skin-drying and can also be carcinogenic.
• Talcum in your makeup has been linked to cancer and is a respiratory toxin.
• Petrochemicals as they include ingredients like Denatured Alcohol that may cause dermatitis.
• Benzyl Alcohol - a severe irritant for eyes, skin, and the respiratory system.
• Coal Tar - a carcinogen that may cause increased sensitivity to sunlight
• Dioxane-found in baby bath products, a known carcinogen.
• Parabens-the methyl/propyl /paraben family. These are preservatives and have been implicated in a multitude of serious health problems.
• Sodium lauryl sulfate family is essentially harsh detergents that are acne-producing and are considered mutagens.
• Phthalates are found in most mainstream cosmetics as glues, nail polish, plastics and vinyl shower curtains. They go into your blood, they are suspected to cause birth defects.
• Carcinogenic Benzoates may can trigger allergies and cause brain damage with prolonged intake.
• DEA ingredients like Cocamide DEA may cause contact dermatitis in individuals who are susceptible to skin allergies.
Buy only certified organic top skin care products with a seal.
Be aware that there are products on the market that claims to be organic but are not. It is important that you buy only certified organic top skin care products with a seal. "Natural or all natural" is not the same as organic. Even if these products may be free from chemicals they most probably are made of products that have been produced using pesticides and artificial fertilizers.
Change to a total organic lifestyle.
Skin care is not only about what you put on your skin. Natural beauty comes from inside, that's why your diet also should consist of natural and organic products.
Start using organic top skin care products now!
Don't let procrastination, hesitation or anything else stop you from improving yourself or your family's life today - only organic top skin care products and other organic products are good enough for you and your family.
"He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything" - Arabian Proverb